Review: Allusive Shock by Susan Griscom

 

This is the first audiobook I finished listening to and since I found no ebook or paperback version, so I grabbed the audiobook edition and realize I enjoyed audiobooks. When i listened to audiobooks before use to I couldn't finish them due to them being hours long. This book had a coming of age element feel to it and I'm not a fan of that because of my painful past of my own coming of age story. It's hard to adjust to but manage to get through the audiobook with no surprise. At first, it was hard to adjust to the heroine being resentful but when it came to love, she started changing and that's amazing even though they had a rough journey through survival and tragedy. This is the first time in a long time, that a book shook me up and got emotional at the same time. So many feels too in the story too. I'm indigenous since I have Cherokee and Comanche heritage but before I listen to this, I never heard of miwok Indians and I researched them. I love how the voices of the narrators are soothing when they read and I will check out more books by the author. 

Rating: 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Genre: Teen, Romance

Author: Susan Griscom

Reviewer: Megan Glass

Recommend: Yes

Tags: Romance, Teen/YA, Death, Survival, Audiobook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polly's Special Day by Yulinda Blake Cook

Review: Sacramento Kings by K.C. Kelly

Sugar Walls by Mysti Holiday